I am not sure why, but I hate calling what I make "work". Saying "my work" referring to art makes me feel like a strange phony person. But it's hard to know what else to call it.
I started out with 30 pieces of paper, 22"x30" and figured I would work on them in a random way, adding more and more to them until they felt "done".
They had figure drawing every day, so I took some of the papers there and using a quill pen and black ink drew from the model. This was way fun. I used ink so that the mistakes would be evident. I wanted the ink blobs and smears to be, (yes Kristin) part of the process.
In fact that is what these 30 pieces feel like to me one big process party. I loved it. I loved making them.

4 comments:
Usually the term "work" is associated with careers, employment and money. Could this be part of the discomfort? Raising the perceptions of your art to another level? Maybe like it isn't "real" in those same ways? Sorry, I'm not working now so my psychological thought process hasn't had an outlet lately.
I particularly like the pink one!
Wow- these are great. I can't wait to see what else you came up w/ while there!
Way to go. Your art is evident. It translates to every medium. Toby
Post a Comment