This may not look like much but here are 29 pieces on cardboard, 4 on paper and 2 on large lids.
This equals my show for MECCA which opens on Friday, Feb. 1st.
This is the first time I have created work specifically to populate an area/space.
I'm pretty pleased with myself.
What I have learned from this adventure:
1. Experimenting with different materials pushed me into trying new things.
2. The space the work hangs in matters. As much as I love MECCA the gallery space is less than ideal. The cardboard pieces look best with some space between them.
3. I cannot live without a glue gun.
4. With the images of persons from yearbooks I didn't stop with one piece. I was drawn to use the image over and over to tell a more detailed story. I could have a whole exhibit just devoted to Isabel Weisner...

No comments:
Post a Comment