hi alice... you have inspired me to try blogging again...
i stopped because life was going faster than i could assimilate it. everything i wrote sounded a bit false and too cheery, that sort of desperation cheery. why write unless it provides something to chew on, some way to figure out where you are in the great scheme of things...
this photo is the full moon at the start of winter taken from the front porch of g's house. we actually have two houses now (more on that soon), the duplex dream has come true.
There really does seem to be a lot to tell so I'll say a bit each night. I like interview format so here goes:
1. Do you miss Eugene? yes and no... I miss Aggie, not being in the same city is hard. I don't miss the traffic and the noise. I love the space and the peace here. I miss the library and Trader Joe's. I miss good health food stores and restaurants that serve healthy food. I miss my art friends. But Eugene?, no not really.
2. What is your new house like? Well, it is a house/studio that we bought in September. We were so lucky to buy the house next door so it really is like living in a duplex. I love my little home. Built in 1946 it is/was solid, needing only cosmetics to spruce it up. We put in new heat and windows and it's warm and cozy. BUT it isn't done yet and i'm not working yet. This is very hard. We had a bathroom linoleum installation fiasco and so no shower, floor or toilet for another 3 weeks. I sneak out in the backyard at night to pee. (It's very dark, no one can see). I am going to pretend that I'm living at WomanShare where we didn't have indoor bathrooms.
ok, i am very sleepy. tomorrow g is going to watch the football game and i'm doing what i have been doing for a few months now, work on my house. I love Tieton, but trust me nothing is perfect.

3 comments:
Ok, why are you living in separate houses? Don't like the sound of that. My Janice, urinating in the yard? You aren't in Kenya. You said you aren't working. Aren't you all retired? Where would you work?
hi JB, it's really good to see you on the blog again. Wow, your house/ studio/ duplex sounds interesting and awesome...any pics? Take care my friend.
(P.s. I know what you mean about Eugene)
I'm so happy I could inspire you:) It's great to have you back. More pics of your progress with your houses? Alice
Post a Comment