Here is G. holding up the "we sold the house" celebration cake I made. (Fudge cake with fudge icing, yummy) I'm still nervous about the house completing escrow, it feels a bit scary to celebrate until it's a done deal. But, we need to act as if and get all our stuff moved and sold and after 6 MONTHS!!! begin to live in our new house versus camping in it!Today we had a garage sale at the old house which was rather surreal. Everyone was so nice... and chatty... and bought up pretty much everything we had. I think it was the prices which were below the cheapest of cheap. (We really wanted to get rid of it all) And despite selling almost all our furniture and tons of other stuff we still have a boatload of possessions at our new house. Now THIS is the disturbing fact. I swear to all who read this blog that I am nominating February as the month in which I go through the whole house and prune and discard. I NEVER want to accumulate this much again. It reminds me of this book I once read where they have households around the world put all their possessions they own out front and then they photograph them. In some countries people own 1 cooking pot and a few blankets but in developed nations... well you get my point.
And the fact that my knees are killing me from all this hauling...
ok, enough. good news is we sold the bed to the woman who bought the house, so we don't have to transport it out the window! And we think we are going to buy a king sized bed! How eighties!! or is it the seventies??? It'll be fun and us and the doggies will fit. (and kitties too)
Ok, this is enough for the evening. We are torn between going to the coast for the rest of the week, and staying here and putting it all together... hmmnnn....

No comments:
Post a Comment