Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wimpy

Olive is my true love puppet, but look who showed up yesterday...
He's a little hygiene challenged but in good shape for a 50 year old puppet.
No Popeye or Brutus for me though... I never liked those guys, they were too into fighting.
Wikipedia said that before TV, Wimpy was Popeye's best friend and he was an intellectual who couldn't seem to hold a job, and didn't want to fight = wimpy...

I wonder who he will be in the painting and photo world?
I do think he's pretty cute.

and lots of love and hugs going out to Kati, you are in my thoughts.

4 comments:

Michele Maule said...

I think he's pretty cute too :)

Anonymous said...

Whimpy's saying was "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
See, there are some pluses to having old friends.....Mona

dean said...

Woke this morning to the gentle, rhythmic clickity-clack of kati's walker on the tile floors, letting me know she's still chugging along like the little engine that could.

Kati Schardl said...

Oh, I love Wimpy! He was always my favorite, too. Thanks for the love and good thoughts - I am in a good healing place and have the best nurse in the world (does it run in the family?). Love you!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.