Saturday, September 4, 2010

Monty is not a yellow dog...

Here are some paintings I have been working on... these three are 8"x8". I've been working with a base of absorbent ground and really liking using graphite along with acrylic ink and paint.

The figures are from the Harmony drawing program. I like her strangely shaped glove.

But... she is my favorite. This is the most accurate description I can render of how I felt at age 15...

And another funny painting of my angel dog...

And me at the mayor's art show next to my paintings. I feel really happy to have my work up. Last eve Linda G. and I had a great time touring all the first Friday exhibits. More soon.

4 comments:

dean said...

Yaaaaay!

light on a rock said...

You look so happy next to your pink painting. I love seeing your smiling face.

Anonymous said...

I love the paintings, but love seeing you looking so happy even more....Mona

tangled sky studio said...

ooh i'm so proud of you!!! i've been away for so long and your paintings are just amazing janice...what can i say? excellent and inspired work : )

beth

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.