Watching Mark Rothko's paintings change... little by little as I went around the room they became simpler until they became the giant color field paintings he is best known for.
Evolution.
I have a new job. Studio painter. I like it a lot but I don't know how to do it yet. Maybe in a year? A lifetime?
I love the colorfield paintings. They make me cry. Every time.
I also cried about living in a time when there were no good medications for depression. How this man must have suffered.
I love my new job, even though it's a mystery so far.


2 comments:
I envy that you get to see this exhibit. Rothko (esp. his color fields) always awes me. I also have gone artist full-time recently and understand your questions about what it looks like...where it leads...how is the art going to change. You're very talented and it is the right thing to do. I'm sure you'll wow.
I'm so happy for you Janice.
Post a Comment