Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Process, Process, Process


I have completed this painting of "figures" (human and dolls mixed). This painting is 22" by 24", big for me! K asked what the story was and I am not sure yet. It's not the best painting I have made,  but it will do for right now while I'm in this transition period. When I was at Vermont Studio Center one of the visiting artists told me that when I was a full time artist I would have to decide or come to grips with what it was I was creating. What is the meaning and the direction? I have never had to think about this. My philosophy has always been to paint first, think later. Any ideas about this?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.