My friend Kati gave me the most incredible gift... a 1949 Sears catalogue in pristine condition. Don't you want this linoleum? It is such an idea generator, I love looking at all the sections. Will not be cutting it up though, color xerox only.
Thank you Kati and thank you Dean for bringing it to me.
LOVE YOU!
Why do all the women on this page look like they just walked out of the lesbian bar, not too late in the evening though as they are all spinster school teachers?

2 comments:
I am so glad you love the catalog! It is pretty amazing, isn't it? I had the same exact thought about those models - proto-lesbians! Oh, and I must thank you for the lovely little painting - I adore it! You are wonderful!
Hi JB,
Wow this catalog is delicious!! Of course I love the clothes and couldn't figure out what you meant about the women looking like lesbians, they all just look exactly the same to me...oh well.
Things are going good, but I'm in an art funk. I just don't want to get all my stuff out, but I know I'll have a great time once I do (sigh) wish we were closer...miss you office roomie.
LG
Post a Comment