Monday, October 22, 2012

We miss you already...



On Sunday we lost our dear friend Barbara to a long illness. We are very, very sad. Over the last few years we visited almost every day, shared meals and parties and a huge garage sale. People say how nice it was of us to help Barbara, but they don't understand. It wasn't that way at all. Putting out Barbara's trash can in exchange for  telling her about my life and having her listen and ask questions? I was on the winning end of that deal. 
Barbara was such a strong woman. She was tiny in stature, but resilient and determined. What did I love about her? The way she truly listened to me and to everyone she knew. The way she always remembered details about my life and asked me about them. Her sense of humor... huge. The way she cherished her family. That she loved Monty, my dog. I could go on and on.
When we moved here I was so happy to begin to know this woman who didn't have an ounce of homophobia, but just wanted to know us and understand our lives.
Ginger and Barbara were the best of friends and I was lucky enough to ride on the coat tails of their relationship. I already miss you so much Barbara.
Love, Janice

4 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Janice I am so sorry for your loss :( She sounds like an amazing person and had many people who loved her.

Anonymous said...

What a nice rememberance and photo of Barbara. I feel your's and Ginger's loss. Love is a beautiful thing. Toby

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. It was to happen, of course, but she was so lucky to have you both with her through the groovy times as well as the end. How much better can it get? You all are in my thoughts. Love, S

Harriet said...

G & J, Soo sorry for the loss of your sweet friend. She was certainly a character and a loving presence. What a blessing for you all to have met. Love to you, Harriet

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.