Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cardboard Family


It's 5:55 am and I'm catching up. I've cleaned the pantry, flea combed the dog, and cleaned out a couple drawers. Not sleeping well? Yep.
I feel like I'm learning in leaps and bounds. 
Here are a few things I'm finding out:

1. YouTube has great instructional videos. I'm currently watching those on printmaking, trying to re-orient myself to the processes.
2. I make the same mistakes over and over in my big paintings. I may be beginning to "get it".
3. I love the color of cardboard. Can I translate that into a painting?

Now I'm starting to yawn, going to go back to bed. Everyone have a good weekend. I'm going to see the last Twilight movie with my BFF.

3 comments:

Toby's Free and Fabulous Blog said...

Janice, I totally love the queens. You have a wonderful way of repurposing a familiar image. I wish I had the cleaning urge. I love it that you go with the flow, learn as you go, in fact I love you.

Janice La Verne said...

thanks Toby... ily too!

Janice La Verne said...

thanks Toby... ily too!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.