Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Learning lots



Most of my coasters lately have some of the type showing through, and my paint application is getting looser. Not better, just different.
The numbers are from a kit I got when I got married. You were supposed to stick them on gifts to keep track of them! Mind you this was 39 years ago and I kept them all that time!
How did I know to save this stuff? 
My theory is that my "stuff" was saved to track my life and to reconcile the disparate parts in the only way I know how, through art. I wonder Dean, if music is the same for you?

1 comment:

dean said...

I think so, Sis. I know people often think that what I'm singing is how I'm feeling at the moment, but that isn't necessarily true. Music is emotional memory for me--I have felt this or believed this or wanted this at some time, maybe yesterday or when I was ten or a few minutes ago. But sometimes it is just like acting--I can be something or someone I'm not. I like doing that.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.