Sunday, December 15, 2013

Residency Stories, #1


Wyoming is the least populated state in the US. 
The Sheridan county airport is the smallest one I have ever flown into.
Lynn, from Jentel was there to meet me and drive me the 20 miles to Jentel. There was a little corgi girl in the car to wiggle and give kisses. Thanks Josie, I was pretty overwhelmed and exhausted.


This was my huge, well lit studio space, 22'x24'. 
You could dance around in it (I did)
And there are my paper flour sacks waiting for me. 

This was my 3rd residency and for the first time I had no idea what I was going to do. 
I knew these lumpy wrinkled papers had been a good idea because I could just mess around and not feel like I was wasting the 4 dollar a sheet stuff. 

For this residency I would say I was materials driven, not idea driven. My zip lock bags of found papers, my new heat tool, the flour sacks were the impetus to push me to start. 
 
Here is one of the first 12. 
Working in groups of 6, 8, and 12 was helpful...

ok, more interesting adventuress tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will be waiting for each installment with bated breath.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.