Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Art Life in Yakima

Yakima is about 15 miles from Tieton. When we first arrived I though "oh no, it's horrible and ugly and full of strip malls and box stores".  And that is true, parts of town look like West 11th in Eugene... but little by little we started finding the arts scene. 

We attended this opening full of beautiful monoprints, the work of  Joan CawleyCrane. (She is pictured above).


Ginger, Sandra and I cannot remember this woman's name except she was so friendly and nice. 
 

Unframed monoprints on paper and they looked really good on the wall. 

I was wrong about Yakima... there is good art energy here, kind people supporting the arts and I think there is room for me. 

Now if a studio would suddenly materialize...

1 comment:

Karm said...

The gal in the pic is Starla Gable who we've known through Ter and Jane for many years. Nice as pie and a talented musician!
Can't wait to see some "after" pics of the house.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.