Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Day of Class

Silkscreen class is over and I learned a lot.  I think photo emulsion is a treasure trove just waiting for ideas. Photos turned into imagery. Patterns.

The first photo is my screen after using the photo emulsion. I had way too many images on one screen, a nightmare to register and print. Photo #2 is class work, the last two prints on the far right are mine. Photo#3 is more class work and photo #4 are my last print when I was working with transparent inks. (That's Tubby by the tree).

Well, I'm pooped and have to go to work in the morning. What a great class. Worth every penny.



4 comments:

kristin said...

ummmm....if any of those were to say, get lost, but mysteriously end up @ my house...:)

tangled sky studio said...

ok first i love the term "treasure trove" is is so full of possibility...second i agree that taking a class is almost always worth every penny because it renews creativity and forces you to set aside time to create...third i think you prints look amazing!
i'd love to get a little closer look..is it kind of a tree?

Anonymous said...

Janice, I love your screen, I thought when did you get a chance to do another print. I also love your tubby in the trees. Well I love all your art, because I can stare at it for days, and never get bored. It was a joy to take the class with you. I really learned so much. And every one in the class was so original. Love you, Toby

Matty Poe said...

I love these prints so much, and watching how happy you were as they were being made is the icing on the cake. Thanks again for all the inspiration.
Matt

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.