Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No pictures, only words

I can't get to my computer because the studio is full of our living and dining room furniture. At the end of the week we leave the house and when we come back in a few days we'll have new bamboo floors downstairs! Now, this is great news, but as G. says (and it's true) in the 20 years she has known me I am always a real poophead when my environment is disrupted. I love the result, but I hate the process. We are also getting rid of the vintage plastic wallpaper in bathroom. Last night I spent 3 hours scraping a small area and there is another layer underneath! We ordered a steamer that should arrive tomorrow and hopefully that will do the trick. That wallpaper is GLUED to the wall. And... I am trying to eat in a more healthful manner. Oh... this is hard for a girl who really isn't overly fond of veggies and loves bread and cookies. But, my knees are 55 years old and i've got to lose some weight and I need to be able to stand on my feet for long periods of time to SILKSCREEN. 

ok, that's enough for now... photos soon. 

4 comments:

kristin said...

thanks for the feedback. no reason for either of us to be embarrassed! i get what you're saying about creating a feeling, something that may be hard to describe--so how do i write an artist statement or sound like an intelligent artist when talking about my work? hmmmmmmnnn...my current art conundrum.....i need to snail mail you soon i think.
i'm excited for your new floors. pictures please!
kiss kisskiss

kristin said...

foduhpi

word verification sounds silly!

Michele Maule said...

Ohhhh...new bamboo floors!!
That is one of the first things I want to do when we move back to our house in Portland. We have this gross green carpet right now, but I really want to replace it with pretty new bamboo floors.
Can't wait to see pictures.
Good luck with eating more vegetables...I am a cookie and bread kinda girl too, but I find buying veggies from farmers markets, or health food stores encourages me to eat more produce...

tangled sky studio said...

I know what your going thru..in our lat 130 year old house we replace all the carpet with wood and had to remove wallpaper from 5 rooms (it's a little known fact but wallpaper is evil) .
I really can't relate to the veggie thing because I absolutely love veggies (really anything savory) and i LOVE to cook...if you are in need of a little inspiration convo or e-mail me.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.