Sunday, August 10, 2008

World's Cutest Baby and a Heron

I've been at the coast all weekend with my family, 3 generations of cousins. My youngest cousin is the world's cutest 8 month old. He has the most wonderful way to staring into your eyes as if to ask you the most meaningful questions. The practice for the whole weekend was unbridled baby adoration with the occasional clean up for baby digestive functions. (Actually it was kinda funny to see who would have to change their clothing next) It was so fun to watch this little guy discover everything in his world and make his first visit to the ocean. We walked on the beach and got so close to this heron. We all took a million pictures of him/her perched looking out to sea.


And then we ate and ate and ate. Pie at the pie shop and spaghetti and snacks and ice cream, and phew am I full. I had such a good time... I love my cousins, we laughed a lot and sat on the deck and looked out at the ocean. Ahh, what a fun weekend. Tomorrow is my last class to work in the silkscreen studio. I'm getting up early and going at it...



4 comments:

kristin said...

what a cute little peanut!

wait till you see what i made for liz today....i'll post it tomorrow
xo

Michele Maule said...

What a beautiful little boy!
My friend just had a baby boy, last week! He'll be about 8 months when I get to meet him :)
Sounds like a lovely week at the beach. Ah! The Oregon Coast...can't wait to see the ocean again.

tangled sky studio said...

last day of class...how will it all end???good luck and may your screen cooperate!
babies/kids in general can really rock your core cause they don't have all the baggage we do...oh those eyes!

dean said...

wow--baby gear sure has changed since my kids were 'on the bottle." took me a while to figure out what in the world i was looking at. i'm going over to gainesville this weekend to see my new grandbaby, avery. fun fun! very stormy here today--more wind than hurricane dennis. when i went on turtle patrol (in the rain) this morning, i found someone had left me one of those seadoos washed up on the beach in front of my house. a couple of guys came looking for it a few hours later--said it had been ripped from its anchor about a half mile down the beach. i let them take it. ;^)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.