
There is a fabulous Elks Club thrift store in Florence, Oregon. We stopped on our way home from our trip to the beach. My gem: this 1966 game featuring the ten commandments. Cost: 75 cents!!
I remember when I first learned about Moses and the commandments. I thought they were something that had been created recently and when I read "thou shalt not kill" my 6 or 7 year old self breathed a sigh of relief and thought, "good, people won't do that anymore".

My family was not they type to sit around playing bible games. Maybe an occasional game of double solitaire with my mother, or a game of Risk with my sister... I can just imagine asking all kinds of questions while playing this game and I still want to know the answers.

The staff at the Elks club were somewhat entertained by my enthusiasm for my find. The woman stated: "Yep, that's why there are thrift stores, for people like you".
6 comments:
you are too funny! gawd, i just wanna forget that feeling as a kid that i was always maybe doing something wrong and church would find out and i'd be in big trouble...
ps. security word is forking! ahahaha
worth every penny! i spent 12 years in catholic school and the guilt never leaves you...
oh wow. what a score to beat all scores. a will be green with envy and joy for you. i myself wouldn't want it but i sure love that you do. that thrift store lady was right on the money! you are the best...
Janice, we haven't met yet, but Dean has turned me onto your delightful blog, and I just have to tell you how envious I am of this fabulous thrift store find!! Score, indeed!!
Kati, what a great surprise to have you read my blog. We so look forward to meeting you! Can't wait for that Florida sunshine. Janice
Now Kati wants to drive to oregon just for the thrift shop shopping!
Post a Comment