Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Walking on the 804 Trail

When the big tsunami hit Indonesia my relationship with the ocean changed. My view of the ocean as some sort of benign, protective, spiritual entity transformed into an uneasy walk on the beach, complete with thoughts of earthquakes and how would I drag the dogs through the pine trees to high ground? I made Ginger promise that when the tsunami came she would escape and not look for me. What was great about this walk was that I forgot all of the above and just appreciated how the seasons were changing on the coast, and the great beauty right in front of me. The ocean is the ocean, calm and benign and big and raging. Two days ago when I made this, it was beautiful.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.