Monday, August 23, 2010

Insecurity



Today I dropped my piece off for the Mayor's Art Show. It was wonderful to see my friend D. Thanks for all the work you do at the Jacobs Gallery...
I'm so happy to be in this show.
I loved that someone said "you have to be good to use the color pink".
And... I still wonder when "they" will find out I'm just the little fat kid from podunk nowhere who could never do what my teacher wanted.
We are all such a mix of our past and present.
Whenever I show my work I am so grateful to all my teachers, friends and family who tell me I am ok no matter what crazy thing I make.
I love art. Big time.

2 comments:

dean said...

Do what you love, and let others worry about whether it's this or that. If others like it, big bonus! If not, it's still what you love. Easy to say, but I am just selfish about it and play for myself and rarely let others hear. I don't want anyone to ruin what I love by saying it's terrible. You are braver than I am--and your art is wonderful. ;^)

Anonymous said...

I really love your art and I'm sure everyone else does too, or I will come up there and hit them with my purse.....Mona

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.