Thursday, August 12, 2010

Working in bits and pieces

I have been way too busy lately. I think it's a summer thing.
A few years ago I went to a figure drawing workshop where I was the worst student there. (That's a whole other story!) But, the teacher showed some of her work: beautiful, large paintings. One student said "oh you can do these because you have all this time". The teacher smiled and said that between raising children and teaching full time all her paintings were mostly completed in half hour increments. This made a big impression on me.

Tonight I added a bit of white to my panels...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those look good enough to eat!...Mona

Ginger said...

Just want to brag on my gf. Her work got accepted into the Mayor's Art Show. I am so proud of her...I think she is kind of an art genius.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.