I started this painting at a workshop about painting on paintings ("junk" paintings). We used all types of non-archival materials: the painting is on a piece of vinyl and includes spray paint, and there is some oil paint that is still wet. The figure is cut out of parchment paper. And he is so wonky in shape. I like this painting, there is something solid about it. I like all the texture in the backgrounds. But, I will never use spray paint again, ugh.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Janice La Verne
- I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.
2 comments:
Hi Janice!
It has been awhile. I hope the New Year is treating you well! I moved to a new apartment. There is the sweetest greyhound living next door. he's a rescue and his name is George. He and Chloe are always excited to see each other, and whenever I see him I think of your sweet little greyhound :)
I just realized Curzon was gone from your blog name... miss that simple boy.
Post a Comment