Kindle drawing done while sitting in the dentist's waiting room.
Everything I know in no particular order:
1. I have been writing this blog for almost 4 1/2 years. Amazing! It's nice to go back and see what I was up to then. I started my coaster project in 2008!
2. Ginger is having way fun with her iPhone. She is at this very moment entertaining herself with the karaoke app.
3. I love, love, love my studio. I am sort of in awe of it, like I'm not quite good enough for it and I have to be very polite. I wash my brushes and think the sink is so wonderful.
4. I have to go to bed. I have to clean house tomorrow. ugh.
5. Pollen is the pits.
that's all for now...


5 comments:
tho it never seems to work, i'll try posting a comment again:
lemme ask you this: if you didn't "deserve" your studio, how did you get it? did you rob somebody? kick a granny? i know that might sound extreme, but i'm trying really hard to break you of this mind set before i hafta say something else...
we should talk, these things in type can seem like something else if we're not also talking about it. ily!!!!
ha! case in point, i said "deserve" in quotes, when you said "not good enough" but i'm sill gonna work the same angle which is=you have a studio. work in it. you've worked your whole life and now you're retired and can spend your time doing what you want. since when is being "good enough" a criteria for having a studio space? and though i feel like i shouldn't have to explain, of course i don't mean that you are not good enough for a studio---arg, i feel like i'm diggig a hole. let's chat about this
you are making me think... maybe it's some old energy about art itself not being worthy of pursuit... like art is not a "real" job. Like art is what we do AFTER we have done everything else that is important. Like art is for retirement (the "hobby" perspective). Like art is part of a value system that places it's importance on the bottom... not out of spite, but out of habit and survival and practicality. The art attitude is deeply ingrained in our class system too.
Ms. K. you are the best. ily.
you are making me think... maybe it's some old energy about art itself not being worthy of pursuit... like art is not a "real" job. Like art is what we do AFTER we have done everything else that is important. Like art is for retirement (the "hobby" perspective). Like art is part of a value system that places it's importance on the bottom... not out of spite, but out of habit and survival and practicality. The art attitude is deeply ingrained in our class system too.
Ms. K. you are the best. ily.
JB, you make me laugh...I love it that you talk about the precious sink...I think you are in love with your studio. That "everything is perfect" reverence kind of love. Enjoy.
LG
Post a Comment