Friday, May 4, 2012

Signs!


Ginger put up the new Sylvan Acre sign this afternoon. She made it! That girl has some skills...

I signed a one year lease on a new studio space! I am really looking forward to getting up in the morning and going to work. There were way too many distractions here at home. My new studio space is about 400 square feet and has one large room, two little rooms, a bathroom (!), and in one room a wall full of cupboards with a counter and sink! And windows? Did I mention windows? 

The moving part I kinda hate, but I'm almost packed. I have this image of me, lying on the floor and staring at ??? and being quiet enough to hear myself. I tell you those residencies ruined me for understanding the power of a studio space without distractions. It's like reading a book and being able to put it down and start where you left off...

I am very, very fortunate.

1 comment:

tangled sky studio said...

super exciting janice (what an amazing journey you are on)! best of luck settling in quickly and getting to work : )

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.