Each year MECCA issues an invitation to artists to participate in the Object Afterlife Challenge. 35 artists (myself
included) filled out a questionnaire describing our art practice and
MECCA gave each of us a brown bag of "stuff" to make art out of. My bag
included two gray file boxes and the blue plastic (I painted it) thing. Other supplies we could buy with our "Mecca Money".
I love MECCA. I feel very at home there and think their mission of keeping stuff out of the landfill is admirable. They do so much art with both kids and adults...
I have to turn in my piece this week. This 3-D stuff is not my forte!
I have had fun using the pieces plus some curlers, old library cards, and an Old Maid deck I got at a barn sale in Vermont. You can see a bit of Fannie here. I'll be posting her story soon, it's a good one.
Can you see Fannie's beautiful auburn curls on the card? I'll give you one sneak fact about Fannie. She has a daughter, a singer named Adele!

No comments:
Post a Comment