I'm experimenting with a combo of magazine faces, then collage, then drawing with ink, and then paint. It's really fun. And I'm working on cardboard so it's not precious. It's about process.
My latest self-deprecating voice is now telling me that I am working too slowly, that I have had the studio for 7 months now and I haven't gotten enough done. I am rolling my eyes because I just got rid of the "who do you think you are" voice and now a new one clamors for my attention. Believing in oneself and self confidence is an ongoing project.
Hope everyone is well and happy!

3 comments:
Well, here's another voice: what does time have to do with art? It comes at its own pace, doesn't it?
JLa, Do your voices have personalities? Faces? Sometimes when I can make a mental image of the troubling stories I can make more headway with them. Just wondering.
JLa, Do your voices have personalities? Faces? Sometimes when I can make a mental image of the troubling stories I can make more headway with them. Just wondering.
Post a Comment