Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thinking about...and doing experiments


I have been experimenting with people made up of magazine faces, paper and paint. I think I'm on to something, but not really sure what that might be. 
 

These are all the same person. I wrote job occupations next to each figure. This one says "cow".



and then there is the thinking... I am turning 60 in a few weeks and keep wondering what to do to celebrate my birthday. A party? A trip? Nothing feels quite right.

And then I realized that I didn't need any of those things because I have EXACTLY what I have wanted for so long right now. I have the ability to work and work and work at my art. This feels like such a luxury. I can get all lost in do I deserve this or who do I think I am, but when I think about my birthday, I feel so happy at this present I have been given. I spent a whole afternoon (in between letting dogs in and out) pasting, drawing and painting. It is way enough of a birthday present.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish there was a thumbs up button I could click... in lieu of this I will just say, you go girl! I am happy for you.

dean said...

Happy birthday to yooooooooou!

dean said...

BTW--I love these! Seriously love them.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.