Saturday, November 3, 2012

Catching up


This is my friend Skye Gilkerson. She is one of my Kimmel Harding Nelson sisters. (We were at the same residency in 2010). Skye is an amazing artist and is living in Brooklyn, working in lower Manhattan. Her studio was flooded with 6 feet of water during the storm and she lost everything. I know she has great friends to help but... it just put such a reality face on the effects of the storm. Skye, you are the best and I'm sending lots of love as well as all my friends who read this.

Quote from Skye (via FB) 
" The slimy carcasses of my bookshelf. Six feet of water in the studio and not much was salvageable. Still, I am feeling warmed by all of the concern and help, and am ready to clean up and move forward."

And on a different topic this is my new sketchbook. It's an old binder that I glued back together and filled with junk paper. I glued a little plastic envelope to the inside cover to hold my business card. Thanks Cathie and Scott, I love it!


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.