Friday, March 1, 2013

Our mom is not paying enough attention to us...

 Monty and Simon come to the studio often. I don't get much done when they are there. About every 30 minutes a long greyhound nose nudges my arm and he says, "walk, now, please", "cookie, now, please", "pet me, now please".

I am doing a lot though. Last weekend I went to a 2 day workshop on Etsy and online marketing for artists. I learned a lot and my head was ready to explode when I left. 
Art as a moneymaker is bizarre. 
I'm glad all I have to do is make the art.

And some happy news! I got awarded an artist residency at Jentel artist residency in Sheridan, Wyoming. It's not until November, but I am so excited to spend time on this 1,000 acre ranch. I have 2 friends who have been there, an artist and a writer and they both loved it. 

Here is a painting I'm working on. It's a triptych. I'll post all three when I figure out the final glitches. 
ok, that's all the news. I'm going to try to post more and talk more about artist process/practice. Because really, isn't that what it's all about?

2 comments:

dean said...

Congrats on the new residency! Yeehaw!

Kati Schardl said...

I'm so excited about your residency! Congratulations, sweetie!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.