Saturday, July 19, 2014

Clouds at the end of the day...


I was in the backyard weeding and weeding, deadheading the roses and planting the mock orange (all plants at BiMart were 75% off, victims of the heat wave) when the world turned an odd color of orange for a minute. It was a kind of scary, other world orange and then I looked up. 

Can you even believe this cloud that covered most of the north sky? I think it looked like a baby head being born. I truly have never seen a sky that looked like this. 
 

Something exciting (at least to me) seems to happen each day here. Yesterday I went swimming at the Naches outdoor pool. Today I met Lulu's husband and baby. Lulu is the person I see most often at Santos Panaderia. She is helping me with my Spanish. Sometimes other customers in the store will jump in when I ask the word for an odd thing like rainbow sherbert. I got called to jury duty, but I don't live in Eugene anymore.

But the news of the day paled as compared to the alien baby orange scary cloud event. 
I miss my friends. You know who you are.
Alice are you there?

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow, sorry I missed it. Must have something to do with the fires north of Tieton and the sunset.

Anonymous said...

Yes - I'm here!Having a busy summer but often think of you guys and your great new adventure up there! Love! Alice

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.