Monday, July 28, 2014




We have a big bush in our yard that bore these grape sized red berries. Raymond, the three year old next door kept trying to eat them, so our friend the master gardener found out what they were. They are nanking cherries, an old variety used mostly for jam. They have the most delicious, concentrated cherry flavor you could imagine. We stewed them up and froze them for future use. We are turning back into farmer girls. Hard not to when produce is everywhere. Ginger dreams of backyard chickens and me, more garden. I forgot how much I love to work in the yard. 

Hope all is well. It is 100 degrees here today and tomorrow. HOT! 
lots of love, janice

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.