Sunday, April 26, 2015

My apron


There are some things you cannot let go of...

I met K and L when they were 19 and almost 23 and I was 43 or 44. We were all taking the same art classes, printmaking, drawing and painting. At the time I didn't know that the creative process dissolves boundary lines between people. I had somehow become friends, real friends with two women half my age. So of course I questioned it, and was set straight by K. I have learned so much from my friendship with these two...some things practical, some motivational, and everything about friendship can transend generations. 

How lucky I was to meet these two. I am sorry that over the years L has a paint mustache, but you can see how I have used and loved this gift. They sent me this almost 20 years ago...
Yesterday I hung it back on the hook in my new studio. 
I love you both.

1 comment:

Mary said...

WoW!! At first glance, (and without my glasses) I thought you had a picture of ME! I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. At least K is still young!

"M"
K's mom

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.