Tuesday, January 29, 2008

At Deb's Diner





Deb's Diner is a couple blocks from our old house. Every once in a while for some unknown reason we are all compelled to eat there. About halfway through breakfast we start naming all the places we could have gone that have better food... Check out the 60's decor, especially the orange lamps. It probably reminds me of my childhood... my mother didn't like to cook and by the time I was a teenager it was usually just the two of us for dinner. My podunk nowhere home town didn't have very many dining options and we usually ended up at the bowling alley. I ate many a grilled cheese sandwich to the sound of crashing pins. Now that I think of it the bowling alley coffee shop looked a lot like Deb's diner. The photos are G. and A. complaining about the bad coffee and limp bacon***
Just when the snow was mostly melted it starting snowing hard again tonight. I love the way snow looks when you are driving in the car and it is swirling toward you in the headlights. Will I get to my class I am teaching tomorrow? or will there be a snow day?***
I finished my painting of Simon the bichon, a present for g. and 6 coasters, painted on both sides. Even doing a little art at a time adds up. That's all for tonight, off to bed.

1 comment:

Michele Maule said...

Snow in Oregon!
I would gladly send you more from Michigan if you'd like! I think that if I never saw snow again I would die perfectly happy. Don't get me wrong, I love snow. I love snow when it comes and then goes in 2 days. :)

I tagged you for a survey! Check out me bloggity blog for details :)

Hope your week is going well.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.