

I've been reading blogs, artist's blogs to be exact and that is how all this writing got started. Up until now the only blog I had seen was L.'s created during her artist residency. So far my favorite blog is: How to draw a Coffee Cup, Michele Maule. Here is this young woman who makes paintings that look like cream and graphite (beautiful) sharing her daily creative life. And she was kind enough to write me back! It seems strange to write in such an honest way to people I do not know, yet oddly satisfying too. It feels very good to read about the struggles and elation of choosing a life as an artist. And as I told my sister, there are thousands of autobiographies in the library that are incredibly personal... and right there to share with everyone.
Here are some new house pictures. This may look like a garage to you, but it is really G's new shop. I am so excited about G having a real place to woodwork, it's been 8 years since she's been able to really use her tools. Next is G and Monty in the empty living room (or dog playroom). The last photo is some strange blueberry/huckleberry muffins I made in our very cute oven which has a little window and is at eve level. I'm happy at our new house. Most of our furniture is still living at our old place which is enduring the slump in the real estate market by not selling so far! (Another story). We have gotten to move in slowly and get to know this place well and by the time the old house sells and frees up our finances we'll know exactly what we want here. I look out every window here at trees, and my new studio room is light and bright. I am even going to have the Annual Valentine Card Making Party this year as the empty living room will provide lots of room to set up work tables!

2 comments:
Hi!
Happy Saturday.
The movie that I mentioned in my blog is called Helvetica. There isn't a lot about letterpress type in the movie. Just in the beginning. I envy your etching press. Michael and I seek out yard sales in the hopes that someone won't know what it is and will be selling it for cheap. You can buy table top letterpresses through e-bay, but they are still 300-400 for an okay one.
Have a good weekend!
hot diggity! i finally got to see my sister's red hair! what a great blog sister of mine! you are right about those opposing you being too little too late. i really believe that when something starts to happen that is right and good, it can't be stopped by anyone. love, dean
Post a Comment