Last night I looked at my old blog entries for last March and realized I have been working on this project with coasters for over a year!
I'm still excited about it and still making the little buggers... I think there are over 50 of these two sided paintings finished now. That's halfway to my original goal of 100.
I've spent the day framing and getting stuff ready to put up at my friend's coffee shop. This sounded like a good idea when it was just an idea, but I forgot how much work it is to frame a bunch of work. I have cheap Ikea frames that look good, but they have this masonite backing that sheds little brown scraps onto the glass. Been making me a bit nuts.
I have to have it done by Monday so at least this activity is time limited.
Hope everyone is gearing up for a nice weekend, the sun is out here and for my purposes no matter how cold it might get I declare spring has come!
I'm still excited about it and still making the little buggers... I think there are over 50 of these two sided paintings finished now. That's halfway to my original goal of 100.
I've spent the day framing and getting stuff ready to put up at my friend's coffee shop. This sounded like a good idea when it was just an idea, but I forgot how much work it is to frame a bunch of work. I have cheap Ikea frames that look good, but they have this masonite backing that sheds little brown scraps onto the glass. Been making me a bit nuts.
I have to have it done by Monday so at least this activity is time limited.
Hope everyone is gearing up for a nice weekend, the sun is out here and for my purposes no matter how cold it might get I declare spring has come!

2 comments:
I have those Ikea frames! They are horrid! Those little brown shavings drive me craaaaazy!
Love your little coasters!
i am a great fan of the coaster project!
Post a Comment