Saturday, March 21, 2009

Getting Started


My cupcake party gave me lots of energy. I'm excited about what I am doing. I gessoed panels today and worked on these two paintings. They seem about halfway done to me. I especially like the top one. He is an imperfect figure with the perfect head on his shoulder to remind him constantly of his inadequacies. I keep in mind the advice from L. "What are you trying to say?" "What is the most important thing?"

4 comments:

kristin said...

yay! they look great so far!

Unknown said...

i like the guy with the nose on his forehead!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Shelly noted the nose on the forehead. I thought it was just me, and as I am not artistic, I was just missing the point. Personally, I think the little guy on the fellow's shoulder looks a tad uptight and buttoned down. I like the main man myself. Mona

tangled sky studio said...

hi janice,
i have to say that i am really into the bottom painting....legs walking, moving taking you toward or away from something...that and the colors are awesome. see ya!

beth

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.