For the last few months G and I have been working on getting rid of excess "stuff" and cleaning up our clutter. Every week we spend an hour together indoors going through cupboards and closets. We bring bags of unused items to Saint Vinnie's, and have more space to breathe in our home.
Our large and light 2 car garage is the last disaster area. Ever since I have known G she has never had a proper shop, a space to work with her tools. When we moved here I was bound and determined that G would have her place to putter and create. So...we plan on finishing this project by Monday at noon, and then each power tool will have it's place.
It is both awful and amazing how many items I can amass that I don't use. And the more I have, the more I have to clean, dust and move from place to place.
So here are my "rules" for the clutter project:
1. I want to keep only what I truly love. In my case this means lots of plastic toys and little figures.
2. Sometimes I give away something I wish I hadn't. I have give away regret. I try to remind myself that most of the time I could go buy another one if I really needed it.
3. When things are neat and organized, it takes less time to clean.
4. All this creates more time to do what I really want to do.
Stay tuned for finished photo tour!

3 comments:
yay! you go girls! we have a similar project this weekend--T. is building storage shelves for our stairway so it looks better and is more organized. you can do it--it will feel sooooo good when it's done:)
xoxoxo
I think the flylady would be really proud. It looks nifty.
Wow. You go gals. I still don't have a home for everything I moved here two years ago. But, I have another opportunity since I have to move everything out when they come to put in my new floors! May I be as successful as you will be!
Post a Comment