Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Painting Saints

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but this painting feels like a Saint to me. However I did not grow up with "normal" religious concepts. I think he is very, very well behaved and does not say bad things about people and he is rising out of the water. I'm getting braver about painting each day. I'm using a sander and just grinding off the parts I don't like.
If I knew Latin I would offer a blessing to end this post.

4 comments:

kristin said...

what is the saint's name?

light on a rock said...

The latin ending might be, "vobisco pacem" or as we used to say in Catholic School "vobisco friscum".

The first means, go in peace. The second means whatever silly 5th graders think it means.

Is your saint a little afraid of its saintliness?

Janice La Verne said...

I kept thinking that he was Saint John because he seemed like a baby who floated in the bulrushes, and then i remembered isn't that Moses?

But yes, he is a bit afraid of being a saint. Because then he couldn't be a regular 5th grader...

Anonymous said...

Some of those saints were pretty wild, like St. Francis who took off all his clothes and ran naked through the streets, to show he really was going to love poverty. I wasn't Catholic,but you could use an "amen"....Mona

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.