Friday, September 11, 2009

Why is it so hard to get started?

My little group of 8 panels, ready for their underpaintings. (which sounds like underpants to me)
It took me forever to get to it today. Starting is hard. I finally had to tell my brain to just SHUT UP AND JUST PUT SOME PAINT DOWN.

I think part of the problem is that I'm sorta lonesome. In the last 3 months I have been able to see almost all my art beloveds and now I miss them. (L, K, L, A, SJ, B) My community is scattered throughout several states. As I was missing everyone Ginger came home with the mail and a package from A and SJ.! Images from the Squeak Carnwath show in Oakland, and cool Nancy Drew Cards. It made me so happy.

I'm pretty excited about the images that go on top of these underpants paintings.
Gonna work a lot tomorrow.

3 comments:

kristin said...

hahahahaha! underpants!
you make me laugh:)
xoxo

Unknown said...

Nice to think of you thinking of me as an art friend... maybe because of all those photo days in LB, eh?

A is having trouble starting right now as well. Wish I could help you both :-(
S

tangled sky studio said...

hey janice...i have been having the same issue getting started (maybe it's the change in seasons as well. it seems at these transitional times of the year everyone seems to echo similar ideas. i think the underpants (oops...i mean underpaintings) look great and wish you lots of creative energy and loud music to fill tomorrow!

beth

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.