Sunday, December 13, 2009

Latest Book Obsessions

Probably most who are reading this have read the Anne Rice vampire novels. I always seem to come late to good things...
I don't like scary books. I don't read mysteries because I don't want to be afraid when I go to bed at night. These novels aren't frightening, they are just delicious and amazing.

Here is what she says about her books:
"My vampire novels and other novels I’ve written... are attempting to be transformative stories… All these novels involve a strong moral compass. Evil is never glorified in these books; on the contrary, the continuing battle against evil is the subject of the work."

Rich, rich, rich... ok who out there has read the Vampire Chronicles and what did you think?

4 comments:

Karin said...

Sorry, I'm off topic, but I just stopped by to see what you are up to, and to wish you a Merry Christmas! (I'm Linda's friend...just in case you forgot.)

;o)

Hope you are doing well!

tangled sky studio said...

no scary books for me (creepy counts as scvary and evil is related to scary so no vampires!). love the pink tree (scary in a good and happy way!)

beth

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was addicted to them, started with "The Mayfield Women or the Mayfair Witches", one or the other. Read them all. Manny and I went to the outside of her house in New Oleans. We were standing there, and there was a cloud burst that drenched us to bone. Love the "Body Thief" Mona

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, as you go on with the Mayfair women et al, you will meet Mona. A wretched, smart, and over sexed little girl who stops at nothing.....the nice Mona

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.