Saturday, December 26, 2009

What do you want?


After 57 Christmas holidays on this planet I am sure of one thing... "wanting" is a complex emotion. This year I had two strong experiences of "wanting". I had an overwhelming desire to have everyone I cared about, both living and deceased to be present with me for a few hours. I just MISSED everyone. Really missed everyone.

"Wanting" number two involved pacing up and down the grocery aisle looking at the cute puffy white guy on the cinnamon roll package. I just wanted to unroll the package and see the little buns pop out. This is exactly the type of thing my mom wouldn't buy when we were kids. Ginger is so good to me, she just looked at them and silently preheated the oven.

What did you want, logical or illogical this Christmas?

4 comments:

dean said...

my sister is a sweetie for sure!

Anonymous said...

When Sabrina was real little, she was upset because the Pillsbury man didn't jump out of the can like on TV.
I wanted, and got the electronic game of "Battleship" Not practical when you are 70.Mona

light on a rock said...

Which one is logical and which one is ilogical?

Unknown said...

Its funny, when I looked at the first image I thought I was looking at small rounds of cheese...old and moldy....... but oh, when I scrolled down I was hit with the smell and taste of sweet rolls..... wow that was powerful. Almost as good as eating them myself.
You are right...Ginger is a peach!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.