I think this is our 4th day here in Palm Springs. When you go on vacation is it ever like you have landed on an alien planet? When we planned this trip all I cared about was being warm and feeling the sun. I didn't expect the following:
1. The town is FULL of gay men. Rainbow flags are everywhere. Men walk arm in arm everywhere. This is their town. Yesterday we popped into a thrift store and it was for the Desert Aids Project. Did my heart good. Then there is our little RV park. Lots of gay men, see the rainbow flag next to our trailer?
2. It is beautiful here. The air is clear and smells good. The mountains are huge. (I'm hoping tomorrow we are going hiking)
3. Living in a little trailer is well... interesting... most heard remark is "have you seen my_____?" I think I'm more organized today. The trailer park itself is according to residents who come every year, the best one in Palm Springs. Close to town, Nice privacy hedges and very friendly traileretts (residents). Last night G and I sat in the hot tub with all these Canadians and Minnesotans. It wasn't like we had a lot to chat about, but we got to hear about the upcoming potluck. I want to go. I bet there will be jello.
over and out for now...

No comments:
Post a Comment