Saturday, July 12, 2014

Moving, a work in progress


I guess I had better start at the beginning... the plan was to move to Tieton, Washington. Why? 300 days of sunshine a year, an active arts community and ADVENTURE! 
We are here and became Washington residents last week...
Moving is very hard. The original plan was to buy a house here, fix it up, and then move... the plan went by the wayside. We love this little house, but the amount of fixing it needed was overwhelming. Every surface needed cleaning, priming and 2 coats of paint. There were holes in the walls.  And then there was the dead cockroach problem... Ginger told me not to talk about it, but I have to. It was sooo incredibly gross. All the insects were dead, but their little bodies were everywhere. We had to toss out all the appliances. Every cupboard, crevice and crack was full of them.
We now have a house that is mostly painted, has a solid foundation, appliances, a BATHROOM!, and a working kitchen. It's good, it took a long time, but with lots of help it's mostly done. 

Boxes... I like having everything in boxes. It is so clean, and there is no clutter. But at some point we must unpack realizing that this house is roughly half the size of our Eugene house. 

But... look at the photo above. This is where we live. It is quiet and green with amazing brown hills. 
I am in the right place, but will be glad when my life expands beyond the walls of this little house.

6 comments:

Toby's Free and Fabulous Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toby's Free and Fabulous Blog said...

Yeah! You're back in action. I missed your blog and both of you. Keep it up and move forward. 💋

Anonymous said...

We so enjoyed getting to glimpse into the new life you two are building. Impressed that fear of new and unfamiliar things didn't hold you back from making this giant leap. Your new home holds the promise of being cozy and safe and your new community of friends/artists is inspiring.
Thank you both for generously allowing us to crash in on you at this busy time and dropping everything to show us around. Tieton shows much promise for growing into just the right town for you both. Lots of love - Kate

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of sun and art.

kylene said...

I WILL LEARN TO REPLY TO A BLOG, I WILL. I so admire yor sense of adventure. It will be so fun to view the transformation of your new home. Chica appears to be the grand shopper. We so enjoyed your show at the Hult. That was the perfect use of my wheelchair. Hugs and wonderful wishes to each of you.

Kelly Newcomer said...

Wow, what a big adventure! Sounds like you picked a great town. I'll have to keep an eye on you guys! I hope all that sunshine helps you both feel healthy and happy!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.