Nothing I could tell anyone in exact terms. I somehow got "caught up" and felt more connected to what I was painting/drawing/pasting. Mostly I worked on 3 projects: the little paintings on the coasters, xerox transfer paintings (as above) and the assignment from L. It was really rewarding to review the end products of my assignment. I could see clearly how the symbols within the pieces did or did not relate to each other. I realized that i could ask the imagery and symbols I use for the story they contain and use that information to make connections in a painting. This sounds elementary, but was really hard for me. These two weeks reinforced how precious time is, and if I want creative time I have to claim it. Really lay claim to it...
and... I like her a lot. I feel really good about this slightly scary, ugly painting.
I will end this vacation with Rule #7 from Immaculate Heart College Art Dept.
#7. The only rule is work. If you work it will lead to something. It's the people who do all of the work all of the time who eventually catch on to things.
and... I like her a lot. I feel really good about this slightly scary, ugly painting.
I will end this vacation with Rule #7 from Immaculate Heart College Art Dept.
#7. The only rule is work. If you work it will lead to something. It's the people who do all of the work all of the time who eventually catch on to things.

2 comments:
this is the most true and most difficult rule to believe sometimes...
you said it Beth...
Post a Comment