Saturday, February 7, 2009

OK, This was Way Fun!!


This is what our plates looked like before we inked them, collages on signboard material, not more than 1/8 inch thickness.


A close up of my plate after inking. My collagraph plate was made with masking tape, knee hi hose, contact paper, acrylic medium, an exacto knife and paper glued onto sign board.


The whole plate after inking. L recognize a bit of an old linocut of yours?


Here is my "sample print" coming off the press. I was so pleased. Lots of textures and rich blacks. Hooray, it was a fun day at the collograph or collagraph workshop. Tomorrow we keep working on two new plates.
How is everyone else's weekend going?

4 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

My weekend has involved a little business, a little pleasure and a whole lot of spring cleaning fever...I guess the 51 degree temp set something off.
I love all the variations of black and grey in this print...nice.

Beth

Michele Maule said...

That print looks awesome!
I love collagraph. I haven't done one in years. Inspiring :)

kristin said...

hi deary
i hope we can chat before we are both off to sunny weekends!
miss you!

secret security word = pokede!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, made into beauty!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.