Sunday, May 10, 2009

Done, or I think they are done...

I think these two are done. That being said I may change them. In the above painting I can't decide if the white structure on the side bugs me. I know the question to ask myself is "What do you want the focus to be?"

I'm pretty satisfied with this one. (I think!)

The fun part of making these is that I'm learning something constantly and I can just do them again if they don't work. They will never turn out the same.

Feedback would be great. As usual, you won't hurt my feelings and if you see something that bugs you it may be the exact moment of clarity I have been looking for.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like them both a bunch, but think I like the top one better. I like negative space in a picture. I have a couple of Rosmond's and she used a lot of negative space, especially in her salad days.....Mona

kristin said...

hi!
the first one feels more finished to me and i can't decide about the white part. i like it, but i'm not sure if i like it in that particular painting. it has a nice cohesive feeling over all. that doesn't come across in the second one. he seems to be floating and i can't figure out where he's supposed to be. i like the colors in the second one though...
we can talk more bout it tomorrow when you call
i love it when you put paintings up!

Unknown said...

well i think i like the top one best, though to tell you why would be impossible. i think it might be the color i like best in the top one. as for the right hand side, mostly in the top one but also in the second one, it draws my eye away from the business part of the painting. i'm spending time trying to figure out what that white column is and is it part of the setting, in the foreground, background, etc. but you know me, i like things tidy and clear in paintings. on the other hand, that small guy on the big guys shoulder in your other painting didn't bother me at all so maybe it isn't my need for predictability. who knows? i'm just glad you are painting! s

Aggie said...

I love the faces, almost vampire like. Hey Janice, do you remember Megan from Lincoln Court Apts. She was just graduating with a degree in art from UO about 10 years ago. I know how you like art blogs, check out hers. I found her on facebook, it was nice to reconnect.

Aggie said...

Oh yeah, here's the blog info. meganchapman.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I liked them both when I saw them this weekend. However, now that you mention it, I'd like to see just some kind of spotty light color in the white tower to make it blend in more. - BC

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.