Sunday, February 24, 2008

Enuf is Enuf?

I walk past this house every day on the way to the bus. Each day I wonder why someone spray-painted in huge letters "enuf is enuf". Was this a disgreement among family members, or is it a huge anti-war statement?

Today has been slightly "off", I'm tired and woke up worrying about how much I have to do at work this week.

Enuf is enuf.
Shall I focus on the positive and paint?

K. asked me to post some photos of what I am working on. It is hard to photograph the coasters as they are little and , they usually have shiny surfaces and reflect light. Any tips? This little painting was a gift to G. for Valentine's Day. It is Simon enjoying both winter and spring at the same time. I'll try to post some better photos soon.

Oh well, I just had a glass of carrot juice, G. went to the movies, and I'm going downstairs to work on my coasters...



4 comments:

dean said...

enuf is enuf--whether it's family spat, ugly divorce, or war in iraq (it must certainly be a conflict of some kind), the message stays the same--if you're fighting right now--stop it--enuf is enuf. i love it. we should all paint it on our houses! you first! ;^)

i love the coaster! i'm going to send this blog address to linda hall if that's okay--she might have some ideas about photographing them. l, dean

dean said...

i just read your whole blog janice--it's like hearing you talk--it's great! a couple of comments: i love ginger's new hair color! i think it looks great. and as you probably know, here in florida we're voting on a constitutional amendment to ensure the continued discrimination against gays and lesbians in the guise of "saving marriage." can you imagine--a constitutional amendment to discriminate? i'm fighting it and telling everyone i know about it. i can't imagine it passing but i have to assume it could and speak out.

you know how i feel about you and ginger. l, dean

kristin said...

i heart the simon painting! do you have a macro option on your digital camera? i love this blog thing--everybody connecting.....
sorry,no posts on mine for this weekendxoxo

Michele Maule said...

Janice I love that little painting!

I'm not sure how to photograph shiny art...Michael, my boyfriend, says to make the light at a 30 degree angle or just make sure you use reflective light instead of direct light. He said that using a white piece of cardboard or paper can help.

Anyway, hope that helps and I hope to see some more of your work.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.