Thursday, February 21, 2008

more road trip...

Simon wonders if the car is his new, permanent home...

We arrive in Santa Cruz and flowers are blooming!


G. picking navel oranges at our friend's house in the Santa Cruz mountains.


Garage sale paper mache' deer at S.'s house.


I just read my post from yesterday... about my anger at a man who is dead. Anger is an amazing thing. I didn't realize how furious I was until confronted with horrible history described in jelly beans. In my crisis intervention classes I teach at work we teach that the one of the best predictors of violence is a sense of perceived injustice. There is a lot of that living inside of me. I need to get this energy out of my body. Old resentment, old anger... shed these please.



Back to the road trip... I could live in Santa Cruz in a minute. Ocean, sun, no harsh winter, citrus trees... and San Francisco an hour away... but it is incredibly expensive. Houses (800 sq. ft. fixer upper) start at about 800,000. Our Santa Cruz friends are my oldest friendships and some of my most dear. We arrived in the midst of preparations for a big 50th birthday party. So many great folks gathered together to honor A. Lots of artists, generous hearts. How lucky am I to be so surrounded by such loving friends.

That's all tonight, it's been a long work week and I am tired

1 comment:

kristin said...

that simon is a little character! jasper wishes they could be friends.....

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.