
I am cranky. I was at work all day where I have way more to do than I could ever accomplish unless I had about a week with no interruptions. Today I sat in a meeting for about 2 hours and when I stood up my knee just gave out from under me with a jolt of pain. I hobbled to the bathroom where I sat and contemplated what to do... I ended up relying on the theory of molecular realignment which in other philosophies is known as denial. It is a theory I was raised with, growing up in the Science of Mind church (not Scientology). We would have discussions in church about car batteries reviving themselves and washing machines magically spinning the clothing after a breakdown. So why not my knee? In times of cranky stress it is my favorite coping skill. After all the Science of Mind says pain in the knees is due to an inflexible life. Isn't it typically human that in times of overload I can so easily revert to the strange religion of my youth for reassurance?

4 comments:
i say "what ever works" call it denial or you could in this case call it positive thinking if it made your knee better. did it work for your knee?
Awww Janice, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee... I hope it gets better soon. It's so funny to hear you talk about the Church of the mind and that you sat around and talked about car batteries starting themselves back up, because that's what we talked about in the conservative christian church that I grew up in only we called it "the hand of God" caring for his children. Well, whatever it is, denial seems pretty universal doesn't it? I'm so glad to have you as a friend... thanks for all your encouragement! BTW, the party rocked!!
I hope your knee is doing better. I like to use denial most of the time. This past fall I tried to deny my tooth ache but my worry got the best of me and I went to the dentist. I had to have an emergency root canal...with no dental insurance :( Poop!
Anyway, are you almost done with the third season of Lost?? We just started watching the 4th season...I will try to keep my mouth shut...
hi michele,
we are about halfway into the 3rd season of Lost. We keep switching back and forth between it and 6 feet under. Both are so good, we are so hooked!
Thanks for the knee sympathy!
Post a Comment