Saturday, April 5, 2008

A daunting task...

It is freezing today, or so it seems and rain keeps falling. J. my neighbor and I went to Johnson Brothers nursery to buy two trees for the yard here. Even though my teeth were chattering, the shapes of all the different evergreens were inspiring. It was great fun. I really like J., it's nice getting to know someone new.

Our house still hasn't sold and it's hard to not be discouraged. I want to paint and fix and get a new sofa and we just can't do that until the old house sells. I've been telling myself this is my opportunity to finish going through all my stuff and THAT is the daunting task.

Before we moved I worked in a studio that was a whole little house, tons of room. And although I love my new studio space it's much smaller. Tossing is not in my nature, and yet toss I must. Last night I filled 3 boxes for St. Vincent's.

I wrote G. an email about the inter species napping that happens around here in the afternoon. Me in bed with Monty taking up half the bed and Oscar the multi-toed cat and Simon the bichon under the covers in my arms (the same arm mind you!) Simon always wants to lick the cats, but is usually not quite brave enough to try. Today he gave Oscar's head a washing, but was quite puzzled when he licked the kitty's ear and it bent over. He's look at me as if to say: "now what do I do?" I just get such a kick out of the cats and dogs getting along so well.

OK, enough blogging, time to toss some more unneeded items!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm 60 years old, live with my girlfriend of 25 years and two amazing animals: Monty the greyhound,and Oscar the multi-toed cat. This blog is one way to keep in touch with all the people I love in this world.